Terms and Conditions
2. These terms and conditions apply to any work done for the Client by Succeed English (SE).
3. The Client is under no obligation to offer SE work; neither is SE under any obligation to accept work offered by the Client. Any funds paid for declined work is returnable within 28 days of submission.
4. The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by SE, using SE’s own equipment.
5. The Client will pay SE a fee per page OR per word OR an agreed flat fee for the job.
6. We aim to deliver the completed document within 2 days from time of submission. We do however reserve the right to take up to 7 days to complete the document and return it.
7. If, however, upon receipt of the item to be corrected the work involved has been understated by the Client we reserve the right to request additional payment.
8. Similarly, if, during the term of SE’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, SE may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
9. The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client except with permission (express or implied or as a result of these terms and conditions).
10. SE guarantees that any work subcontracted on behalf of the Client will be completed to the same standard, schedule and budget and with the same conditions of confidentiality.
11. In all cases the total fee must be paid before work commences.
12. Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Client and SE may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
14. SE reserves the right to terminate the contract of service for any reason at any time and return any monies to the client.
15. SE may use the Client’s feedback in their promotional material.
16. These terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales, and both SE and the Client agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
17. Once you have submitted your document to us, you cannot cancel the service.
18. SE aims to provide an accurate, thorough and reliable proofreading and editing service. Though we aim to provide the best service possible, we cannot guarantee 100% accuracy (simply because of human error) and occasionally we may not correct an error. You accept that your document may be returned in a state which is not 100% correct.
19. SE cannot be held responsible for direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or costs incurred by any errors remaining in your work, be they factual or grammatical. The final responsibility for errors remains with you.
20. SE will not be held liable for errors or omissions caused by your failure to communicate your requirements clearly.
21. SE shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions and both parties shall be released from their respective obligations if the delay or failure is caused by any circumstances beyond both parties’ reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fire, explosion, flood, war (or similar events such as national emergency or civil unrest), industrial disputes, technical failure or any other similar event that renders the performance of obligations impossible.
22. SE cannot be held responsible for any loss whatsoever as a result of any mistakes or delays in our work. The absolute maximum that SE can be held responsible for is a return of the fee paid by the Client.
23. If there is a waiver or variation of any of these Terms and Conditions by SE at any time, then that will constitute a waiver or variation for the purpose of that particular transaction only and your obligations in respect of being bound by the remaining Terms and Conditions shall continue to be in full force, i.e. will continue to apply to you fully.
24. If you breach any of the Terms and Conditions, you will be held fully responsible for any legal claim for expenses, liability and financial losses (including legal fees) incurred by SE, as caused by your breach.
25. SE reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice and without liability arising from such an action. Your use of the website and the company’s services will be deemed as acceptance of any amended Terms and Conditions.
26. We advise you to regularly check the Terms and Conditions. SE has complete discretion to modify or remove any part of the website without warning and without any liability arising from such an action.
27. SE reserves the right to alter pricing without notice at any time.
28. You acknowledge that information on the website may contain inaccuracies and errors and SE expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
29. You agree that you will not use the website for illegal purposes and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
30. All corrections or modifications that we make to a document, at the time they are made by us only constitute suggested corrections/modifications and are nothing more than provisional. You are required to either accept or reject all corrections/modifications that we make to your document and hence you remain responsible for the document at all times.
Academic Liability (Academic Work, Essays, Dissertations etc)
31. At ALL times you remain solely responsible for the content of your document. You hereby agree that Succeed English cannot be held legally responsible, in any way whatsoever, for the content in your corrected document or any consequences/repercussions that come about because of it.
32. You are required to read your completed, corrected document upon receipt from us. It thereby ceases to contain any ‘corrections’ from us and becomes your document in its entirety.
33. The mark you are awarded by your academic institution is not within Succeed English’s control and Succeed English cannot be held legally responsible for a lower than expected mark or grade in relation to any material returned by Succeed English. While our aim is to ensure that your work is free from errors of spelling, grammar and punctuation and is consistent in style, we cannot guarantee that using our service will result in improved marks.
34. We require that you advise your tutor/supervisor that you have employed a proofreading service.
35. We recommend that you check that the use of a proofreading/copy editing service is permitted by your academic institution and, if so, whether it is a requirement that this be referenced in your work.
36. By submitting your document, you state that the document is your own work and is free from any type of intellectual property theft, including plagiarism.
37. Plagiarism (including collusion) and breach of copyright are very serious offences and there are usually severe penalties including permanent disqualification from your studies if plagiarism or breaches of copyright are proved to exist in your work. Avoiding plagiarism remains your responsibility at all times. Succeed English does not check your document for any possible plagiarism issues.
38. Succeed English will not proofread your document in any way that breaches your academic institution’s potential rules concerning plagiarism and cheating. This means that, for example, Succeed English will not rewrite your document or substantial parts of it, add text from anyone else’s work and insert it into your document, paraphrase anyone else’s work and insert it into your document or make any other change that would constitute plagiarism.
39. You accept that Succeed English will give you no other guidance about plagiarism, collusion and cheating.
40. You accept that Succeed English carries out a service that assists you in your academic work, but our service does not constitute professional academic advice.
41. If Succeed English has evidence to suggest that you are guilty of plagiarism, then we can immediately cancel the service, retain all monies and refuse to do further work for you.
Professional Liability (CVs, Résumés, Applications, Covering Letters etc)
42. At ALL times you remain solely responsible for the content of your document. You hereby agree that Succeed English cannot be held legally responsible, in any way whatsoever, for the content in your corrected document or any consequences/repercussions
that come about because of it.
43. You are required to read your completed, corrected document upon receipt from us. It thereby ceases to contain any ‘corrections’ from us and becomes your document in its entirety.
44. All corrections or modifications that we make to a document, at the time they are made by us only constitute suggested corrections/modifications and are nothing more than provisional. You are required to either accept or reject all corrections/modifications that we make to your document and hence you remain responsible for the document at all times.
45. The outcome of your application (any use of your document/CV/Covering letter/Application) is not within Succeed English’s control and Succeed English cannot be held legally responsible for a rejected application or in any way unsuccessful application. While our aim is to ensure that your work is free from errors of spelling, grammar and punctuation and is consistent in style, we cannot guarantee that using our service will result in successful applications.
46. We require that you advise the recipient that you have utilised a proofreading service.
47. We recommend that you check that the use of a proofreading/copy editing service is permitted by the recipient and, if so, whether it is a requirement that this be disclosed.
48. By submitting your document, you state that the document is true and fair in its entirety and contains no dishonest or fabricated claims.
49. You accept that Succeed English carries out a service that assists you in your applications, but our service does not constitute professional advice.
50. If Succeed English has evidence to suggest that you are guilty of making dishonest claims in your document, then we can immediately cancel the service, retain all monies and refuse to do further work for you.
Money Back Guarantee
51. If you are dissatisfied with the document that we return to you, in the first instance you are required to return it to us at email@example.com, highlighting the part which you believe to contain an error. You must also state why you believe it to be an error and include a direct quote of what you believe the corrected piece should say. We will endeavour to correct it to your requirements, free of charge, and get it back to you. In all circumstances, we will make every effort to resolve any differences of opinion amicably and in good faith. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may ultimately rely on our Money Back Guarantee. Our Money Back Guarantee states “if our work isn’t good enough for you*, we’ll refund your purchase”. To qualify for a refund under our Money Back Guarantee, you must a) conclusively prove that the document we returned to you, includes something that no native English speaker would ever say and b) prove that we have not corrected it to your standards (that is to say, we have not inserted the correction/quote which you sent upon returning the document to us). We reserve the right to issue refunds at our discretion.
52. In the event that you wish to raise a payment dispute with our payment provider, you are required to give us an opportunity to check our system and attempt to get your item to you. We require 28 days for this. Hence, after first notifying us via our Customer Service page, you are required to allow 28 days to elapse before raising any payment dispute with our payment provider. Furthermore, whilst under normal circumstances we will send the item to your stated email address, in the event of a dispute with our payment provider – we reserve the right to send the item to the email address which appears on your transaction receipt from the payment provider. We may do this at any time – before or after we have been notified via our Customer Service page and before or after any dispute has commenced. In the event of a payment dispute with our payment provider, we reserve the right to provide ‘compelling evidence’ to our payment provider that we provided you with the item/intangible goods. You hereby accept that either of the following may constitute ‘compelling evidence’ that we provided you with the item. A) The email communication to which we attached your corrected document – you accept that we may forward the email by which we sent your item to you, to our payment provider and this will constitute ‘compelling evidence’ that we provided you with the item. This email will be to the email address you provided us with when you originally submitted your information OR the email address which appears on your transaction receipt as issued by the payment provider. You also hereby give us permission to pass any and all information contained within, including file attachments, to our payment provider. B) A screenshot of the email communication referenced in A) above. Again, you also hereby give us permission to pass any and all information contained within, including file attachments, to our payment provider. In both instances, we may use A) the sent email itself or B) a screenshot of the email having been sent, to show our payment provider that we provided you with the item. This will be regardless of the content of any attached files. Finally – given that we may show that we sent the item to your email address (the email address you submitted when you submitted your information) you assume all responsibility for loss, should you still fail to find the item. That is to say, that after the email communication has left our mailbox (as evidenced by A and/or B above) , you are responsible for our email communication not getting through to your email account for any reason (including but not limited to: spam/junk filters, other folders, malfunctioning email account, problems with email provider etc).
53. We rely on you to insert the correct wordcount per your word processing package’s wordcount function. Upon commencing work on your document, we will verify the number of words you stated on the submission form against the wordcount per Microsoft Word Online. If the wordcount is found to have been misstated on the submission form, we reserve the right to a) remove all applicable deadlines b) request additional payment. When the additonal funds are paid, this initiates a new deadline.
54. In the event of overstatement of wordcount on the submission form, and any resulting overpayment, SE will have no responsibility to inform the customer (if it does indeed notice). It is entirely the customer’s responsibility to request a return of funds. SE has the right to refuse a return of funds and keep the monies ‘on account’ as payment for future services. After 28 days any overpaid funds will automatically be charged a retention fee of up to 100% of the overpaid funds.
55. For the purposes of performing wordcounts, Microsoft Office Online’s wordcount function will be used. This wordcount will be taken as ‘the wordcount’ and deemed final.
56. Succeed English will take all reasonable efforts to protect your document. In the event that any third parties and/or unauthorised persons gain access to your document, howsoever gained, Succeed English holds no responsibility, is absolved of all responsibility and cannot be held accountable in anyway for the breach.